Dr. Nicksic specializes in treating trauma and emotion dysregulation, primarily Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and personality disorders. She is expertly trained in delivering evidence-based psychotherapies including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE), and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT). She is a member of Compass Behavioral Health's DBT Consultation team.
As Research Director, Dr. Nicksic oversees Compass' standardized program evaluation protocol and research database, both are which are used to study treatment outcomes. Her duties include ensuring the highest quality care is provided by Compass' talented, well-trained, and knowledgeable staff.
Dr. Nicksic has been intensively trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) through Behavioral Tech, the training institute founded by DBT creator Dr. Marsha Linehan. She loves teaching and supervising, and she is eager to provide training and/or guest lectures on the deliverance of evidence-based treatments and on working with personality disorders. In addition to trauma, her research interests include shame, emotion dysregulation, and treatment outcome research.
While obtaining her license and for several years after, Dr. Nicksic worked in PTSD and DBT clinics with Veterans at VA Medical Hospitals. She also served as a Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator and as a clinical supervisor for psychology interns and psychiatry residents. Dr. Nicksic also worked as a clinical research scientist on a Department of Defense funded grant. In this position, she served as a study therapist and database manager, providing exposure therapy to Veterans with PTSD and overseeing data collection and quality control review for the study.
Dr. Chloe Nicksic's degrees and recognitions also include:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology with minor in Biomedical Sciences from Colorado State University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Completion of APA-accredited psychology internship at the Salem VA Medical Center
- Completion of APA-accredited psychology postdoctoral PTSD fellowship at the VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Certification in Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Completion of 4-day VA roll-out training for Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Past Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator for Salem VA Medical Center
- Completion of 4-day Intensive training in DBT-PE