Dr. Erin Bray is a licensed clinical psychologist with Compass Behavioral Health, specializing in the treatment of adolescents and young adults with intense emotionality, depression, anxiety, self-injurious behavior, Borderline Personality traits and other conditions.
Comprehensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) through Compass Behavioral Health, Dr. Bray's responsibilities at Compass also include providing therapy for individuals and their families, skills coaching, and co-facilitating DBT Skills Training groups. A team of coding and therapy adherent professionals review her therapy treatment plans and clinical videos and she receives expert consultation from Dr. Clive Robbins, DBT Training Director at Duke University. Dr. Melanie Harned, Research Director at Dr. Linehan's lab at the University of Washington, has intensively trained Dr. Bray in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) in a DBT framework. Additionally, Erin has been intensively trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E) through Oxford's Center for Research on Eating Disorders.
Dr. Bray has extensive experience working with emotional dysregulation in teens and young adults. During graduate school Dr. Bray worked in a variety of settings with a variety of clients. She spent over two years at Vista Balboa Residential Treatment program for the chronically mentally ill. Her first internship was at Bayview Behavioral Campus psychiatric hospital where she performed psychological tests at the request of the psychiatrists. Dr. Bray also ran groups for children, and with adults suffering from chemical dependency. She has also worked in long-term psychotherapy with children and adults at Professional Community Services. Graduating in 2009 Erin did her dissertation on men and women's body image and the media. She did her post doctorate hours in private practice.
Dr. Bray's degrees and honors include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
- PhD in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego
- Specialty in group processes
- Clinical research includes an in-depth look at body image and the media
- Comprehensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E)
- Intensively Trained in DBT-Prolonged Exposure
- Has completed 3 of the 4 steps towards DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Individual Clinician Certification™